Monday, February 4, 2013

no words

In a string of heartache that sometimes seems too much to bear, I found out that my friend Leslie suddenly passed away. We spent countless hours scrapbooking together in different states with the help of our webcams. She was generous and humorous, and had a contagious laugh. She was opinionated, confident and kind. She was my friend. God rest her soul. 

For those who knew Leslie (Luv2Talk) there is information on donating in her honor here.

noel & leslie


035.365

homeschool

Untitled

Untitled

"How can it be a large career to tell other people's children about the Rule of Three, and a small career to tell one's own children about the universe? How can it be broad to be the same thing to everyone, and narrow to be everything to someone? No; a woman's function is laborious, but because it is gigantic, not because it is minute. I will pity Mrs. Jones for the hugeness of her task; I will never pity her for its smallness."
-G.K. Chesterton, 'Brave New Family'

5 comments:

Leonie said...

Noel that is so sad & you really must be wondering if the bad news will ever end. I have a quote for you I hope it helps Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

CathyB said...

Noel, I am so very sorry. Grief has knocked upon your door far too often lately. I pray for strength and a peaceful heart. CathyB

Becky said...

I was very saddened by this news as well. That is a beautiful photo of you two!

Sylvie said...

I am so sorry for you lost. It has been hard for you lately. How life can be hard sometimes! I lost my dad last year and now am seeing my mom going downhill. It is hard. Sharing what we are going through, among bloggers, really help me get through tough times. I might sound silly but it does...even though I don't know you or other bloggers at all. We seem to have a passion for family and life and that is what attricted me to following other women's stories. My deepest condolences.

Anonymous said...

I am very sad to hear this. I was not active on the creating keepsakes message board but I remember her posting and she seemed like a lovely person. This is somewhat weird, but I googled her "handle" and a website came up called pixiethisblog.com and it has a lot of your posts on it. I just thought it was a little odd.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin