Sunday, February 5, 2012

deLIVER us from evil

Yesterday we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday. The day after my dad got out of the hospital, and began the informed fight against liver disease (autoimmune hepatitis), my sister and I decided we should order shirts for his party... yellow being the natural color of choice. I got to work thinking of a clever logo for the party. Then it struck me... the Lord's Prayer - deLIVER us. By way of prayers, it's the best and it gets to the heart (and the liver) of the matter. I came up with something quick in Photoshop, uploaded it to my favorite T-shirt printer, CustomInk, and called to put a rush on the order. After talking to the kind customer service lady who shared about her own family's battle with liver disease they were off and running. We surprised Dad on Saturday with a sea of yellow shirts, a lot of laughs and a delicious and authentic sodium-free Mexican feast. (Thank you Brother Leonel!) Happy birthday Daddy! We're here for you every step of the way. I love you.

035.366

2012_0204

2012_0204
Pa and the grand-girls

2012_0204
my mom & dad

2012_0204

034.365
The 366 shot from Friday was from a quick stop on the way home, catching the golden hour of a perfectly sunny winter day.

Chesterton Quote of the Day

“The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”
-G.K. Chesterton

1 comment:

CustomInk said...

What an awesome way to celebrate your dad's birthday and display your support against liver disease.

The shirts look amazing and your dad looks like he had a great time! We're also super excited about being your favorite t-shirt printer. Thanks so much for the opportunity to play such a vital role in in your dad's 60th birthday celebration!

Sincerely,
Your Friends at CustomInk

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin