Monday, September 13, 2010

living in the silver lining

life throws you curve balls, sometimes at a breakneck pace. there are times when it feels like all you can do is keep your head above water, and still others where you might be sitting on the water's edge. and we don't always get to choose which one we're in at the moment. one thing i do get to choose is where we stay, at least in my own heart and head. i choose to live in hope and in faith and in love. they are the true silver linings of this crazy thing called life.

253.365

one of my favorite verses when it comes to trials is exodus 14:13-14
Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The [enemy] you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still

253.365

here's one for living in the silver lining of life... love. precious, childlike love.

254.365

and one in the memory of those Americans who lost their lives on September 11, 2001

255.365

and one for the serene moments of reflection in my own secret gardens of life.

256.365

and one for my precious children, who make my life exponentially more full and wonderful with every moment i am blessed to have with them.

a happy heart {detail}

and one for a hobby that reminds me everyday just how much i have to be thankful for. check out the full layout & kit over at my paper treehouse.

and enjoy a day living in the silver lining.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Your photos are so beautiful, Noel... as are your words. I don't visit your blog nearly enough, but I do peek at your photos on facebook. :)

Keshet said...

You are an amazing photographer! Love these!

Mamato3 said...

This is a wonderful post, Noel. I reread it today, a day when I can't decide if I need a bigger catcher's mitt (for those curve balls) or a bigger blow-up floatie (to keep my head above water) -- maybe I could find one with a little palm tree or a flamingo head!) -- at any rate, thank you for sharing your heart and your talents. Beautiful pictures!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin