Sunday, October 11, 2009

they've got betty davis eyes



281/365

i found a new favorite photo spot in my house with nice filtered light... which also happens to make eyes light up beautifully. so the girls took turns being the subject of the 365 pictures for the past couple of days. we've spent the last couple of days laying low and enjoying family time.



282/365
stan heads back to work next week, then off on deployment sometime next month. living the usual military life, we're not exactly sure when he'll be taking off... we're on the need to know basis there, and apparently, we don't need to know yet. lol. we are hoping he'll be home for our 10 year anniversary and for thanksgiving, but one never knows. either way, we celebrating moments, even if they're not always on their given date. stan was hoping to go somewhere tropical for our anniversary, but it's not in the cards on a deployment year. i told stan not to worry... 11 is the new 10. :)

forgive the ramblings, just some random sunday reflections. give your family some extra lovin' today!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I was just looking at your header pict, and being able to roll your tongue is genetic? Yep, my Emma just told me this yesterday. Kids are funny. Have fun laying low and enjoying family time. Hope Stan doesn't have to be away too long.

joscelyne cutchens said...

11 is the new 10 had me laughing. You know we had talked about doing some big renew our vows at 10 years. little did we know I'd be pregnant with Jordan at that time. ha. Yes, he was planned, but still. and of course your girls look beautiful. :)

Kathy said...

I finally had a chance to sit down and look through this month's Creating Keepsakes and I saw your "dates" layout. I loved the journaling. I don't think I've ever heard someone put it so perfectly. I hope you get to celebrate Thanksgiving and your anniversary with Stan and the girls. And many thanks to Stan for creating precious memories on ordinary days so that we can have our freedom.

Jingle said...

Wow! Noel, those girlies are growing up fast! Look at those photos! I hope that Stan can be home for your upcoming holidays!

Shannon said...

I have a question for you because I know you take so many pictures. What programs do you use to manage and organize all of your pictures? Do you use multiple hardrives to store them?

Sabrina /the1scrappinmomma said...

of course now I am curious to know... where did you find the best light? I am still looking for the best light in my house and could use some new ideas. I'll be praying for Stan and you as you all get ready for another deployment.

noel joy said...

sabrina,
i have the best luck by my big north-facing windows. these two were taken by my basement (north-facing) sliding glass door in the late afternoon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin