Tuesday, January 8, 2008

layout a day
(day 8)

i'm not going to write much now... since it's 4am, and that means it's time for bed. so here is my LOAD day 8.

edited to add: it's now nearly 12 hours and a little power nap later... and i've got the journaling & supply list up. :)

journaling:
the bestest birthday present ever
except, of course, for the present you got me mom
i mean, of course yours was the
coolest, it’s just that this one is
so cool too. i mean, nothing
personal... it’s just well, i mean
hey! it’s a digital camera! how can
a cool american girl doll hairstyle
chair compare?

grandpas & grandmas get to be so cool
emma with her bestest birthday present... a brand new
digital camera from grandpa gene & grandma linn

supplies:
digital patterned papers: Mandy Steward, scrapgirls.com (green), Dana Zarling, designerdigitals.com (pink), Anna Aspnes, designerdigitals.com (brown); overlays & stitched cirlces: Rhonna Farrer, twopeasinabucket.com; stitched hole flourishes: Katie Pertiet, designerdigitals.com; fonts: Garamond & Arial

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, cuteness attack! I love the colour combination of this one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. 4am? how many hours of sleep do you get a night? with young kids you are certainly up early too. I guess I remember needing little sleep when I was in my 30's.... it seems so long ago though - Terri from Kirkland.

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep when my husband is away either. He is only gone like four days at a time though. I don't know how you keep going on such little sleep when he is gone so long. Whenever my husband gets home from a trip, I sleep SOOO good. I usually fall asleep while he is brushing his teeth that night. Just knowing he is in the house...you know. Speaking of that though, I pray for you and your family. God is good, all the time. Thank you for your husband's service. And thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures! You got some serious talent, what an eye...

joscelyne cutchens said...

suuuuuuuuuuuuper cute! love that sweater too... what a cute shot!

Erica Hettwer said...

Of course she is gonna be thrilled with a digi camera...she's YOUR kid!!! LOL! :D

I love that layout and I can't wait to see some using Emma's photos!!! :D

Stacy F. from Arkansas said...

Noel,
Can you tell me about the "acyrlic" albums..I am not familiar with them and they sound like great fun!
Thanks,
Stacy

Jackie said...

I left a comment and it never posted that I can see...what cute pictures of her taking pictures :)

Allison Davis said...

You're making me miss those late nights of scrapping!! I'll be very happy when I can get back to that!

Love the page and the journaling is so cute! :)

4guysandagirl said...

Don't you just love how our kids get into photography and crafts because they see us doing it! I have all boys and they love taking pics and scrapbooking too! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

love the angle of the focal pic....too cool.....and I love the "progression" strip shot....very effective...I'm glad to see you putting all of my "tips" to good use! (wink!)

LOVE it, NOEL...really love this one!

Kelli said...

I had to laugh when I saw the 4am bit...lol. My husband frequently picks up extra shifts at night, and wont get home til 3am and more than likely he sneaks up on me in my scrap area...lol. We have a running joke that when he works late I have the bed all to myself. But I am just never motivated to go to sleep alone anymore!

I know your situation is a bit different, yet the feeling is similar I'm sure, it's easier to craft the night away knowing there isn't some big ole hunk of man waiting for you to turn out the lights...lol.

LivE said...

really--kids, huh? you think next year the car will be the best birthday present for them? LOL

i remember when i was my 2nd son's age i was extremely excited to receive a raggedy ann and andy transistor radio (do they even know what a transistor radio is today? LOL!)

great page, great photos, great memory!

Laurie said...

It's a little mini Noel! I love the journaling. You did a great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin