Friday, June 13, 2014

Missing Dad

Hey there! I am here today with a layout featuring a few of the many fabulous Glitz Design embellishments! With Father's Day a few days away, I have been thinking a lot about and missing my dad. This is my second Father's Day without him, and I still miss him as much as ever. Scrapbooking is still a part of the healing process, and brings to mind the precious memories of the past.

2014_0605_009a

I'm a very visual scrapper, and there isn't a lot of pre-planning that goes into my projects. Once I choose the photo, the rest of my project flows from there. I added the journaling to the photo in Photoshop, then printed it off in two sizes to give me more design options. With the photo in hand, I usually compile my primary supplies choosing papers and embellishments that compliment the photo. 

2014_0605_058b

2014_0605_032a

For this layout, I stamped the "Hello Friend" cloud stamps onto the scraps of photo paper leftover from printing, then cut them out by hand. To punch decorative shapes from washi tape, cover a piece of card stock with strips of washi tape in the desired width and simple punch. Mixing and matching embellishments from six different lines allowed me to add lots of tiny hearts in a variety of tones. Finishing the layout off with a couple of rolls of the chevron Roller Doodle draws the eye back to the photo again. 

2014_0605_075a

2014_0605_079a

2014_0605_097a

2014_0605_086a

"Enjoy the Little Things" layout supplies:
Glitz Design "Felicity" paper: Floral
Glitz Design "Brightside" 6x6 paper pad
Glitz Design "Brightside" Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Felicity" Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Black & White" Alphabets & Words sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Black & White" Titles & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Hello Friend" rubber stamps
Glitz Design Tiny Roller Doodle - chevron
Glitz Design "77" puffy words
Glitz Design "Carpe Diem" giant rhinestones
Glitz Design washi tape - pink glitter
other: cardstock, doily, mist, ink, tulle and paper clip

2 comments:

Lea Lawson said...

This is a beautiful layout remembering your dad, Noel. I love the soft colors, and how you created the glittery heart rain. Awesome job!

Vanessa said...

What a beautiful layout. I'm loving the simplicity and the little details. I too am a visual scrapbooker. I very rarely plan out my layouts. I just go with the flow and it usually works. Usually. lol.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin