Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sparkle & Shine

This week the paper crafting focus falls on Glitz Design's striking giant rhinestones. With self adhesive rhinestones that coordinate with each of the Glitz lines, you always have a way to add a little (or a lot) of sparkle to your project.  

Inspired by several crafty friends using household items as embellishments, I went digging in my kitchen for some goodies of my own. I ran across freezer paper, punched it into heart shapes and sewed them onto my page. They added a bit of translucent tone-on-tone texture to the project.


2013_0928_024a

2013_0928_067a

2013_0928_087a

2013_0928_091a

2013_0928_039a

2013_0928_057a

"Small Packages" Supplies:
Glitz Design "Wild & Free" papers: Arrows
Glitz Design "Wild & Free" 6x6 Paper Pad
Glitz Design "Wild & Free" Alphabets & Words Sticker Sheet
Glitz Design "Wild & Free" Bits & Pieces
Glitz Design "Finnley" Bits & Pieces
Glitz Design "Wild & Free" Giant Rhinestones
Glitz Design "Wild & Free" Washi Tape - Tiny Hearts
Other Supplies: typewriter, sewing machine, freezer paper, staples, tulle, sequins, heart & lace punches (Martha Stewart Crafts)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so inspiring to see a faithful Catholic's scrapbook blog! I'm so glad I found you? I love seeing how you document your life in your gorgeous pages. Might I ask, what book is this that you are reading!?

noel joy said...

Thank you so much! I think this book was "The Complete Thinker: The Marvelous Mind of G.K. Chesterton" by Dale Alquist.

God bless you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin