Thursday, July 4, 2013

God Bless America


The Fourth of July brings to mind, for the hundredth time, how grateful I am for all of our service men and women but most especially for my husband. I have watched him selflessly sacrifice and serve our country for the past sixteen years. He is just one of the ways I think that God blessed America. 


2013_0628_019aa

To turn the "Color Me Happy" Stripes into a patriotic theme, I used my craft knife to cut off the red, white and blue striped section, and then flipped it over. A bit of the "Cashmere Dame" crepe and some doilies added the look of bunting. Of course, being a Navy Chief, I had to add the "Uncharted Waters" anchor stamp as a finishing touch.

2013_0628_029a

2013_0628_067a

2013_0628_074a

Supplies:
Glitz Designs "Color Me Happy" papers: Stripe, Heart
Glitz Designs "Cashmere Dame" Paper Garland
Glitz Designs "Uncharted Waters" Rubber Stamps
Glitz Designs "Vintage Blue" trim
Glitz Designs "Cashmere Dame" washi tape - chevron
Glitz Designs "Cashmere Dame" Crepe Trim
Glitz Designs "Color Me Happy" Teeny Alpha - white
other: doilies, wood veneer stars (Studio Calico), chipboard alphabet (Basic Grey)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin