Monday, March 4, 2013

Blessings & Treasures

My grandma and grandpa (my dad's parents) have been married for nearly 64 years. This past Sunday they renewed their vows and had their marriage blessed. It was a beautiful picture of love and faithfulness, sacrifice and honor. My grandparents have always been a shining example of all a person should be. Growing up my grandma would have me over for painting lessons, we would drink coffee sweetened with honey, and talk for hours on end. Now my girls take turns getting lessons from Great Grandma. This past year, when my parents were sick, they helped care for my dad spending long hours together in the hospital rooms visiting and laughing - seeing the good during times when it could have been terribly hard to see it. 

After the blessing, we had a little party where we looked through their wedding albums and my grandma's scrapbook with the cute little cards she received at her wedding and shower. They are one of my dearest treasures. 

062.365

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"Here ends my previous existence. Take it: it led me to you."
-G.K. Chesterton, To Frances 

(a beautiful letter Chesterton wrote 
to his soon-to-be wife that can be found in full here)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin