Monday, January 21, 2013

four years & three days

Four years and three days. I was looking again at the picture I took of Emma today (the second photo down). It hangs on my fridge in a beautiful 8x10 print. It was taken four years and three days ago. (One of these days I'm going to have a canvas done of it.) The time has gone by entirely too quickly. She's grown well over a foot since then, and her little features now look down on me by several inches. I still love the original most of all. Most of all I'm so thankful for all of these years of {project 365}. Having captured little freeze frame moments of life to treasure them everyday for years to come. In four years and three days from now, God willing, I will look back and be grateful for this magic moment captured in time.

2013_0121_201aa

024/365

Untitled

"When we went hunting the Dragon
In the days when we were young,
We tossed the bright world over our shoulder
As bugle and baldrick slung;
Never was world so wild and fair
As what went by on the wind,
Never such fields of paradise
As the fields we left behind"


-G.K. Chesterton
'The Hunting of the Dragon'



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin