Thursday, January 31, 2013

at home

I am always thankful for a new day. Today was a better day than yesterday, at least with fewer tears. We stayed home and just worked on schooling with the girls. I am thankful for the time spent reading through my dad's prayer journal from a few years back. He was such an amazing man, and I am blessed to have had him as my dad. I am blessed.

Since I hadn't put the mirror back up on the wall, I figured we could use it again for today's 365 shot.

2013_0131_177a

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Behind the scenes of today's 365 shot... front room windows (to keep out of the rain), side table & a makeshift mirror stand

Untitled

"Home is not a prison, or even an asylum; nor is the case for the Home the idea that certain people should be locked up in it because they are weak-minded or incapable.... Those who believe in the dignity of the domestic tradition, who happen to be the overwhelming majority of mankind, regard the home as a sphere of vast social importance and supreme spiritual significance; and to talk of being confined to it is like talking of being chained to a throne, or set in the seat of judgement as if it were the stocks.... And we cannot assume, as both sides in this curious controversy so often do assume, that bringing forth and rearing and ruling the living beings of the future is a servile task suited to a silly person."
-G.K. Chesterton, 'Brave New Family'

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Glad today is better, beautiful photos as always.

Anonymous said...

It amazes me how you take the time to do the "behind the scenes" work for your photos. Really like the use of the mirror. As always, lovely photos.

--Marilyn, Northern VA

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin