Wednesday, January 23, 2013

a feather in her hat

Last year in January we pulled out a vintage hat I'd bought for a tea party baby shower, and took some pictures of Torrey (see photos here). Just over a year later, I figured it was Emma's turn with the feather hat. 

I've been thinking a lot this week about my dad. January 24th last year was the first day he took a real turn. The following day my sister and I forced him to go to the hospital. It's strange how this year of firsts walks you back through the events of last year day by day. So much to think about.

023.365

023.365

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

“The true soldier fights
 not because he hates what is in front of him, 
but because he loves what is behind him.”
-G.K. Chesterton 
Illustrated London News, 01.14.1911

1 comment:

Leonie said...

All the photos of your girls have been so lovely Noel, they make great little models! I can only imagine what a hard journey the last 12 months have been for you and your family. I do hope all your good memories of your Mum & Dad are helping you cope.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin