Saturday, January 7, 2012

reflections on a decade

Tonight I'm feeling a little slow for a fair number of nights in a row with only a few hours of sleep, so forgive me if I'm a little off my game. (Not that I'm normally terribly impressive when I'm on my game).

My baby girl entered the wide world of life in the double digit category. I can hardly believe a decade has gone by since she first graced our lives with that sweet face. I stayed up till all hours, hence the no sleep, flipping through photos from the last ten years of her life. She's grown from my babe in arms to a lovely young lady only two inches shorter than me. But all through the past ten years her tender spirit, giving nature, helpful hands and sweet smile have remained very much the same. I look forward, God willing, to enjoying the next decade of life, change and adventure with this precious little gift of mine.

007.365

2012_0107
Torrey got up and made Emma cinnamon ro

2012_0107
For her birthday Emma wanted to wear a "poofy" dress and
this tiara-style headband that belonged to Stan's grandma.

2012_0107

2012_0107

2012_0107

A little compendium of the first ten years...


2 comments:

Luv2talk said...

That little montage is really cool. I can't believe I remember when so many of those were first taken & posted. WOW! Have I really known you THAT LONG!

Happy Birthday to Emma. May the next 10 years be just as wonderful.

(P.s. Kenny turns 21 on Friday. FREAK ME OUT!)

Heidi said...

Your daughters are beautiful! Happy Birthday to Emma!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin