Sunday, February 6, 2011

Truth, Travel & Tradition

I am happy to report that my week of pain ended with the bloody nose, and no black or permanently damaged eyes. I am truly counting my blessings, not to mention getting a good laugh over my shortcomings.

With nary a black eye in sight I took tattered self down to LA for the weekend for 2011 CHA Winter. It's always so inspiring to browse the new goodies that will hit the shelves soon. How lucky I am to be a small piece of an industry that focuses so much on the beauty of family and friends, and celebrates the blessings of everyday moments. Aside from the super cool new products, it's always wonderful to see my friends that are ordinarily scattered across the country (and to add a few new ones to the stack)!
Thanks for the laughs Collin & Liz, for your friendship James & Liz, for the best gift I've received this year Susan, and a shout out for my roomies Teri & Ashley.

Keep an eye out on Tuesday for some new Glitz Designs layouts... and the winner of the sketch contest I posted a couple of weeks ago! But for now, back to my regularly scheduled 365 pictures & quotes. A hodgepodge of quotes, travel shots and a more traditional noel-type 365 shot of Emma.

028.365
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains,
however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holms via Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

029.365
The City of Angels at sunrise
“Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly; devils fall because of their gravity.”
-G. K. Chesterton

030.365
And Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word."
Luke 1:38

031.365
Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.”
-Saint Augustine

032.365
“Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves,
and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.”
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Just wanted to tell you that I am really enjoying your P365 with quotes! What a treasure that will be to look back on over the years!
In fact, I have started copying and pasting my favorite quotes to a file on my desktop... thanks for the inspiration and the help in finding awesome quotes!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin