Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can I quote you on that?

I decided, quite by accident, to add a quote to each of my 365 pictures this year. Maybe I'm a little hopeful that I'll be able to find 365 quotes that seem to fit my photo and mood of each day this year, but hey, it's still the middle of January and there is still much to hope for. So here's hoping I'll make it another year with pictures and quotes... Either way it surely is a life worth living!

017.365
The things that we love tell us what we are.
-St. Thomas Aquinas

016.365
Inspired by The Brave Girls Club
Everything Costs Something

015.365
"And, for this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But, for them, it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover, and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on Earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before."
-C.S. Lewis

014.365
"Our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee, O Lord"
-Saint Augustine

013.365
“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”
-Mother Teresa of Calcutta

012.365
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

011.365
Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday.
Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...
And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva...
So tweasure your wuv.
-The Impressive Clergyman, The Princess Bride

010.365
“But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart...”
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

009.365
We can no longer live as rats. We know too much.
-The Secret of Nimh

4 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

I find the quotes paired with the pics to be very moving! I especially love the one from The Princess Bride. It is definitely a fave! And doesn't The Brave Girls Club rock? I am doing their online course right now, all the way from Paris, France! What an encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I was going to add that you could turn to the Bible if you run out of quotes, but you already figured that out!!!! I do enjoy quotes, they tell much about people from the past. Fun way to change up the 365 project!!

Jocelyn said...

Love each and every one of these!!!! I love the quotes...brings such meaning to each pic!!!

Thank you for sharing!!!!

Wishing you a Blessed Day!!!

Luv2talk said...

An ambitious goal. Good luck with that, sista!

Looking forward to see what all you come up with.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin