Saturday, October 25, 2008

fabulous fall

today we took a drive along the scenic cascade loop highway. we didn't make it all the way around the loop, but we're hoping to before the leaves are all off the trees. it was the most perfect day. we stopped at a bunch of pull outs, parks and vistas along the way. we made one last stop for dinner at this little place called the eatery along the way. there was this cute little tiny chapel right across from the restaurant. it's an actual little church. i couldn't help but shake the feeling as the girls walked up of the witch in hansel and gretel and her gingerbread house.

but it was such a sweet little chapel inside. the food was great, the little cabins were cute and the history was cool. it was originally opened by a lady named matilda in 1888. we've got plans to head up there again on stan's next free day. hopefully we'll get another amazing day like we did today. we'd actually like to get some serious hiking in. there's some amazing trails in the area! maybe we can even get one more camping weekend in before the weather really gets cold.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Ohhhh I'm so jealous! I wish I was there with you guys! Beautiful Fall pics Noel!

Tina said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. I wish I could have seen it. Thanks for sharing with the pics.

Tina

Anonymous said...

More interesting photos. I also received a geography lesson from viewing your blog because I never realized the state of WA had a change of seasons like we have here in VA. I've only been to WA once on a business trip and that was to Seattle in Jan. Weather was cold and rainy so did not really get to enjoy much.

Wondering whether or not an adult can actually stand up in the chapel. From picture looks like size of a doll house.

--Marilyn, Northern VA

okanogangirl said...

What a fun day! That's a beautiful drive - did you make it all the way to Diablo Dam? Next time you go, if the weathers sunny, you have to stop. The water is the most amazing color of sea green. (You most likely would have driven through my home town on your trip this morning (Sedro-Woolley)).

If you complete the whole loop, right now is a beautiful time to come through Okanogan Valley (where I am!), all the orchards are changing as well and we have some yummy apples!!!

angie worthington said...

what a fun looking day....beautiful pictures!...

TM Capps said...

Love the pics. I enjoy your blog and your scrapbooking talents. I live in Northeast Texas, so needless to say it doesn't look like that here. Don't think I have seen leaves that large before. Thanks for sharing the beauty of your area.

Elizabeth said...

Aww...what great pictures. That is probably one of the most adorable chapels I've ever seen!! I'm glad you all have a fabulous day together. :)

Latrice said...

What pretty color! The girls look like they are having fun. Thanks for sharing chickie!

Jackie said...

Girls don't look like they were dressed to hike :) That looks like a pretty drive right now...maybe dad and I will have to go and check it out....

Dana said...

such a wonderful picture!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin