world autism awareness day
this is aaron. he is my sweet nephew. he has autism.
did you know…
- 1 in 150 children is diagnosed with autism
- 1 in 94 boys is on the autism spectrum
- 67 children are diagnosed per day
- a new case is diagnosed almost every 20 minutes
- more children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
- autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- autism costs the nation over $90 billion per year, a figure expected to double in the next decade
- autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
please visit www.adogforaaron.com to find out more about austism and recognize the signs. and if you're so inclined please consider donating toward a service dog for aaron, every little bit helps! you can click on the donation button to the right, just make sure you add aaron's name on the designation line.